Friday, February 24, 2006

Expecting The Unexpected...

i dont remember when, but long long ago i learned the secret to a happy life: i must NOT expect anything from anyone. if someone gives me a favour, appreciate his help. if i ask someone for a favour and he does not try to help me, i must not be upset.... the rule worked excellent for years... this rule helped me live happily... years went by... sand clocks kept turning upside down... untill one day something happened... someone did something which i did not expect him to do... my rule failed... my principle gave me the shock of my life... i did not expect anything from him... but then what happened? i kept thinking... i kept wondering... i kept searching for an answer... and finally, i found the answer... my rule was not wrong... but it was incomplete... i never expected anything good from anyone, but forgot that i must expect something from everyone... i must expect anything bad from anyone... the rule changed... and i started living happily again...

No comments: